Wednesday, September 7, 2016

I May Have A Scrap Problem... Some Inspiration!

Hi, all!

Fall is almost upon us, and with it the start of the "quilting season" - and if your scraps are piling up as much as mine are, you're looking for some great ideas for using them up!  So today I'm sharing some inspiration shots - maybe they'll help get your creative juices flowing!  I know they've helped mine.  

Most of today's quilts have a definite theme - strings and strips!


Skinny little strips - and lots of them!


I love the section of vertical strips in this quilt!


And isn't this diagonal quilt pretty?  The grey strips tie the whole thing together....


And I love this one for so many reasons -the brights, and those little side columns of multiple widths!


And here's a use for those bonus HSTs!


This one is really made unique by its quilting style - it gives it so much movement!

And then there are these two - I love the multiple boxes, and it's so different in the two different color ways!



You can see all of these and more on my Pinterest board, Oh Scrap! which will take you to the original sites for each quilt.  Have fun!

Hugs!

Sarah

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration because we all have strips and strings that need a place to play!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of strings piling up and love seeing different ways to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. those are all pretty neat, I have 2 boxes of strips at least if not three

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those diagonal strips. Once I have enough scrap that may be my quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All really lovely; especially like the first two--on my list for sure...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I liked that diagonal one best. Then I saw that one with those quirky skinny borders of varying widths. Guess I'll have to try both styles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oiy, You are tempting me to pull out the skinny strips.. like a can of worms...

    ReplyDelete
  8. joanneramey@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to have a pattern idea for the thin strip quilt

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile!! If you want a PDF of a pattern, PLEASE leave your email address in your comment, or email me directly at salliesue57 (at) gmail (dot) com!